Lorne Station is situated on 10,000 acres, just minutes from the town of Lightning Ridge in outback New South Wales, Australia. Lightning Ridge is famous for mining Australia's national gemstone, the black opal. The caravan park offers a variety of accommodation to suit your budget and needs. We offer powered and unpowered sites for camping and caravans, cosy bunkhouses and also cabins to suit larger groups or families.
Lorne Station Caravan Park can offer you true country hospitality and something a little different. There is plenty of wide open space at Lorne to explore on foot, whilst riding your bike or walking your dog. We are pet friendly and we appreciate you keeping your pets tethered.
Lorne Station is just 5 minutes from the centre of Lightning Ridge township and only 200 metres from the white mullock heaps of the opal fields. Lorne is one of the only working stations in the area that provides tourist accommodation. You can enjoy a true outback experience at this quiet and scenic holiday retreat.
The Lorne mud map will show you how to go through town.
- Opal fossicking or noodling at the heap next to Reception.
- Bring your push bike and explore our historic property.
- Spot the koalas, kangaroos, emus and various lizards.
- Catch yummy blue claw yabbies and cook them on our open camp fire.
- Count the stars and study the constellations under the clear country skies.
- Experience the magic of an open fire with timber provided.
- Enjoy waking up to the song of some of the 35 birds on the property.
Our friendly staff will contact you to confirm your booking. We do not take credit card details online. We simply require your e-mail address to organise payment method and to arrange the finer details of your stay with us.
Try out our walking tour. Now is the time to book.